Our Wedding Night

Our Wedding Night
Brian and I at the end of our wedding night in Portland. May 29, 2010

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Hopping on the Blogging Band Wagon!!!

Hello family and friends!  As my titles reads, yes, I have decided to get on the blogging bandwagon!  I have always liked the idea and I need to stay up with the changing times so this is my first post on my personal family blog!  I recently started a blog at work through the blogging site posterous and have found that I do enjoy keeping up with it.  If you find yourself curious about the San Diego apartment market please feel free to visit my blog at http://incomepropertysd.posterous.com/.  Haha...no that site is more for keeping in touch with clients but it definitely sparked my interest in starting my own blog!

Another reason I am happy to begin blogging is to hopefully inspire other friends or family members to do the same thing!  It seems as we get busier and busier in our lives it gets harder and harder to keep up and stay in touch with each other!  I have lived in San Diego almost 3 years now and have made so many great friends here but so many family members and friends are spread all over the place!  Brian has been in San Diego for a little over 5 years now and his family is also pretty spread out.

My dad is now in Charlotte, North Carolina, my sister is about to move to Colorado (so happy for you), my brother is studying at Oregon State University (also very proud) and my mom currently lives in Wilsonville, OR but it won't be long before she heads back to her home town in Boise, ID.  Brian's family is also on two coasts!  His sister Laura is in Jacksonville, Florida, his dad Steve is in New Hampshire, and his mom Kathy is here in San Diego.  This is just our immediate family and being so far away from them we miss everyone a lot!  There are so many times we wish we were closer to family!  Going beyond immediate family though we also have so many family members and friends that are long distance so this is our attempt to feel closer to all of you and stay in touch!  And like I said I encourage everybody to give blogging a shot!

It is my goal to post to the blog a couple times a month (we'll see).  Mainly I would just like to keep you all updated on what Brian, Dexter and I are up to and what's going on down here in San Diego!  First of all San Diego has had crazy good weather lately!  I'm sorry to all of you reading this suffering in the cold, gray, wet weather!  But, we have had 70-80 degree weather lately in January so its been pretty awesome!  We actually did get some rain today though!  We get so spoiled here with our weather that we forget the rest of the nation is freezing!  You are all welcome to come visit anytime =)

Brian has started traveling a lot more because his platoon has started their work-up to get ready for deployment coming up in September of this year.  As of right now that is when he is supposed to deploy but there has also been talk of them leaving as early as May.  So obviously my fingers are crossed for September!  He should be deploying to the Philippines for 6 months but we'll see if plans change in the meantime!  You never know with the military!  He is doing well though and staying busy!  This past weekend we had a chance to go to the Farmer's Insurance Open PGA tournament at Torrey Pines!  It was a lot of fun and Brian actually had the chance earlier in the week to meet Bubba Watson on base while he was at work and he was able to get his autograph.  So we went to the tournament rooting for Bubba and it was pretty cool because Bubba Watson ended up winning the whole tournament!  So we are now big Bubba Watson fans! 

I have just been working and still settling in at my new job with Prudential.  I started working for a Commercial Broker in November and so far its been a fun position.  My boss is 79 years old though!  Can you imagine that?  I don't think he'll ever retire!  We have quite the age difference between us so that can be tough at times but so far its been great experience and I'm learning a lot.  Other than that I still play soccer twice a week and recently have become quite fond of Core Power Yoga so that keeps me busy during the week!  Recently I had the chance to go down to Cabo to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday and we had a blast!  The weather was beautiful and the sunshine felt so good!  Its nice to have a little tan in the middle of winter!  Thanks so much mama for such a fun weekend!

I would like to send a little shout-out to my little bro Cody!  While he is still cancer-free he has to go back under the knife this coming week to have the hardware in his arm "repaired" because it was unable to heal correctly when he was first operated on due to the chemo he had to start up again only a week after the initial surgery.  I know its a tough surgery so my thoughts go out to you Cody!  You can do it!!!  I wish I could be there to visit you in the hospital but keep an eye out for a small package I'm sending your way! 

As for my sister I can't wait to come visit you eventually in Boulder, CO!  I am also looking forward to an upcoming visit from my Dad in March!  Steve and Laura hopefully we get to see you guys soon too!  In the meantime I am just getting used to Brian being gone off and on again!  Dexi-girl is doing great and getting older!  She is my little baby and keeps me company while Brian is away!  She is spoiled rotten but for good reason -- she's a good pup and I would be so lonely without her!

I think I better wrap up post #1!  Its my bed time anyway and I don't want to get too wordy!  But thanks for reading!  Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment